Rachel Dines interactive design print
contact
blog

friends

shared items

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Rotoscoping

I just found out that the maker of
Waking Life, Richard Linklater, is directing the rotoscoped screen adaptation of Philip K. Dick's A Scanner Darkly. Of course, as an amateur rotoscope artist myself, this is really exciting for me. Bob Sabiston is going to be the art director again, which is great. I've heard that this film is going to be a little tighter and more traditional than Waking Life, which was very obviously done by many different artists with very different styles. A Scanner Darkly will be more cohesive.

Winona Ryder in Warner Independent Pictures' A Scanner Darkly

Winona
Ryder

Keanu Reeves in Warner Independent Pictures' A Scanner Darkly
Keanu
Reeves

I feel like rotoscoping is starting to become visible in pop culture... those new McDonald's commercials for the fruit and walnut salad thing seem to be made in a style that is similar to rotoscoping. I can't find an online version, but I have this one tiny screen shot.




In other news, OPEN SOURCE BEER! Not quite free beer, but the recipe is free.

Labels: ,


Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?