Rachel Dines interactive design print
contact
blog

friends

shared items

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ansel Adams at the MFA

OK, I can admit it now. I've been a delinquent blogger.
But that is only because I have been soooo busy! I've been working hard
at the museum to impart my wisdom (haha) to 6 -11 year olds, and at
Nexus,
working on the flash demo for ENERGYprism,
their new software. When it is done, I'll have a really nice addition
to my flash portfolio.



In local news, the Ansel Adams exhibit at the MFA opens on Monday. I am going to a staff preview of the show in about 20 minutes. I will tell you how the show is (although it couldn't be anything less than amazing). The Quilts of Gee's Bend is also closing on Monday, which is a really amazing quilt exhibit made by poor rural farmers--mostly the descendants of slaves. The quilts were made out of necessity to keep warm (obvious by the the materials that they are made out of--old clothes) but they come out so beautiful that they could have been abstract paintings beloved by Clement
Greenberg
(ok, this isn't an original idea, I got it from the Globe,
but I wholeheartedly agree). In personal news, it is exactly one month
until I turn 20. No more teenagerhood for me.


Anyhow, must go get ready to see Ansel Adams! I really
hope that they have my favorite photo of his (see below).


Labels:


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?